Shrimp jambalaya is one of those recipes that I can eat any day. Since going on a keto diet, I have tried different ways to recreate my old favorite instant pot jambalaya recipes and this version with cauliflower rice is the clear winner. Jambalaya is typically made with rice and meat and/or vegetables so the cauliflower is a must for me to get the texture of rice. The fire-roasted tomatoes are the secret to this recipe because it adds a layer of smokiness that hints that the recipe was barbecued, but it was really just prepared with a hassle-free instant pot. No need to worry, your guests won’t suspect a thing—it’s fantastic either way.
(You may also like: Soul-Satisfying Instant Pot Creole Red Beans And Rice)
Healthy Instant Pot Jambalaya with Cauliflower Rice
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 13 minutes
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 14 oz andouille sausage, cut into 1/2” thick slices
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 (14 oz) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- ½ cup chicken stock or broth
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 pound shrimps, cleaned with tails on
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- salt, black pepper to taste
- Place the cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles rice. Set aside.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the olive oil.
- Add the onion, celery and bell peppers and sausage and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Add the dried oregano, Cajun seasoning, garlic powder, diced tomatoes and chicken stock.
- Stir to combine.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” on the display.
- Adjust the timer to 3 minutes.
- When finished cooking, let the pressure come down naturally for 5 minutes, then quick release the rest of the pressure.
- Open the lid.
- Press the SAUTE button.
- Add the cauliflower rice, parsley and shrimps.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until shrimps turn pink.
- Sprinkle with sliced spring onions and serve.