Honey garlic sauce is one of my biggest guilty pleasures when it comes to food. I used to put the stuff on literally everything, so it’s no wonder I’m completely obsessed with this finger-licking instant pot honey garlic chicken recipe. Made with juicy dark meat chicken thighs and a wickedly good homemade honey garlic sauce, this meal is an excellent choice for a protein-packed dinner to serve alongside either rice or potatoes. What makes this recipe so great is definitely the sauce recipe. Along with the honey and garlic cloves, you’ll also be adding in a bit of ketchup, soy sauce, sesame seed oil, and dried oregano.
Finger-Licking Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken (Ermahgerd!)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 4 chicken thighs (about 1 ½ pounds)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sesame seed oil
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Season the chicken with salt and black pepper.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the grapeseed oil.
- Add the chicken, skin side down and cook for 2-3 minutes per side.
- In a small bowl combine the honey, garlic, ketchup, soy sauce, sesame seed oil and dried oregano.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Close and seal the Instant Pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” on the display.
- Adjust the timer to 10 minutes.
- When finished cooking, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release the rest of the pressure.
- Open the lid.
- Remove the chicken from the pot.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the sauce has thickened to your liking.
- Taste and add more salt and black pepper, if necessary.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken.
- Sprinkle with chopped spring onions and sesame seeds.
- Serve warm with rice.