Ground beef is one of my favorite quick and easy meals to prepare, for several reasons. It’s an excellent source of affordable protein and saturated fats. Ground beef also never fails to leave me feeling nice and full whenever I use it in my recipes, which is another huge plus, especially if you’re focused on weight loss. It’s great for satiety because it’s so calorie-dense, and protein is great for making you feel full. And when it comes to making ground beef, one of the best ways to do is by following this recipe for making healthier ground beef in an instant pot. It’s an incredibly straightforward recipe to make with just a few optional ingredients.
How to Cook Healthier Ground Beef in an Instant Pot
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 pound ground beef, frozen or fresh
- 1 cup water
- salt, black pepper to taste
- taco seasoning (optional)
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- Place the trivet in the Instant pot.
- Add 1 cup of water.
- Place the ground beef on the trivet.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” on the display.
- Adjust the timer to 25 minutes for frozen ground beef or 6 minutes for fresh ground beef.
- When finished cooking, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release the rest of the pressure.
- Open the lid.
- Carefully transfer the beef into a bowl.
- Crumble with a wooden spoon into small pieces.
- Season with salt, black pepper and your favorite spices to taste.
- Use as desired.