First rule of cooking any vegetable: don’t overcook it. You want your vegetables to stay nice and crisp through cooking, not soggy. That’s easier said than done though, and trust me, I’ve gone through a lot of soggy beans in the past. One of my favorite ways to prepare green beans is with the instant pot because it’s almost impossible to get wrong, and I end up with perfectly crisp green beans every time thanks to the pressure-cook setting. Once it’s cooked, you just need to sauté it with some butter and garlic and it’s ready for plating. This is a great way to spruce up your vegetable dishes without too much hassle or preparation time.
(You may also like: 5-Ingredient Garlic Roasted Instant Pot Brussel Sprouts)Print
The Best Instant Pot Garlic Green Beans
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and snapped in half
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the steamer basket in the Instant pot.
- Add 1 cup of water.
- Place the green beans into the basket.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” on the display.
- Adjust the timer to 0 minute.
- When finished cooking, quick release the pressure.
- Carefully remove the steamer basket and green beans from the pot.
- Discard the water.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant Pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the butter and stir until melted.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the green beans and toss to coat.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper and serve.