I love making egg drop soup because it’s such a quick and easy meal to fix up. It’s even easier to make when using an instant pot so if you already have one tucked away, now’s the time to finally use it. This is a relatively light dish, so I’d say it’s excellent as a light lunch or appetizer. Ready from start to finish in only 15 minutes, simply combine some water and cornstarch before adding it into your instant pot with a few cups of chicken broth. The cornstarch will thicken your broth, and from there, it’s as easy as stirring in one beaten egg and then garnishing the finished bowl of soup with some fresh scallion.
(You may also like: 15-Minute Instant Pot Mongolian Beef (Easy Pressure Cooker Recipe))
How to Make the Best Instant Pot Egg Drop Soup (Easy!)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- salt to taste
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot.
- Add the broth and bring it to a boil.
- Season with salt to taste.
- In a small bowl, combine the water and cornstarch.
- Stir the mixture into the broth.
- Add the beaten egg into hot broth slowly, stirring constantly.
- Cook until clear and slightly thickened.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Serve warm and garnish with scallion.