Easy Keto Instant Pot Chuck Roast with Red Wine Gravy
Following a ketogenic diet is easy especially when you have fantastic recipes like this instant pot chuck roast with red wine gravy. I always give this recipe out to my friends who are just starting to transition to the keto diet because it doesn’t taste like you’re on any sort of diet at all. The chuck comes out so tender thanks to the instant pot, and the gravy tastes like what you would expect out of a fancy restaurant. Definitely give this a try if you’re looking for something that’s 100% keto-approved.
Easy Keto Instant Pot Chuck Roast with Gravy
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
4 pounds chuck roast
2 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 medium carrot, sliced
1 celery stalk, sliced
½ cup white mushrooms, sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 cup red wine
2 cups beef or chicken stock
½ tsp dried thyme
1 bay leaf
1 tsp xanthan gum
salt and black pepper to taste
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley chopped
- Season the roast with salt and black pepper.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant Pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the olive oil.
- Add the roast and brown 4-5 minutes per side.
- Remove the roast from the Instant Pot.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the stock and scrape the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon to loosen the brown bits.
- Add the tomato paste, red wine and stir to combine.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Stir in the bay leaf, thyme, celery, mushrooms and carrots.
- Season with salt and black peeper to taste.
- Add the beef to the pot.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” on the display.
- Adjust the timer to 80 minutes (see Note*).
- When finished cooking, release pressure naturally according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Open the lid.
- Remove the beef from the Instant pot.
- Discard the bay leaf and vegetables.
- In a small bowl or a glass, combine the xanthan gum and 2 tablespoon of hot water.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot.
- Add the xanthan gum mixture and stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the liquid is thickened into a gravy.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Taste and add more salt and black pepper if necessary.
- Slice the meat.
- Pour the gravy over the meat and garnish with parsley.
- Serve with cauliflower mash.
If your roast is smaller or larger, calculate the cooking time by multiplying the number of pounds by 20 minutes.
Ask a Question Rate this Recipe