Believe it or not, but the best chili that I’ve ever tried was made with an instant pot. This award-winning instant pot chili is deceptively easy to make. Don’t let that fool you though as it’s jam packed with nourishing whole food ingredients that are guaranteed to leave you 100% satisfied. It’s made with a mix of lean ground beef, garlic, onion, celery, tomatoes, red bell peppers, and a wickedly hot mix of herbs and spices. If you’re a fan of fiery hot chili recipes, then you definitely won’t be disappointed with this one.
The Best Instant Pot Chili (No-Bean Recipe)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minuted
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
2 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 pound lean ground beef
2–3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp cayenne pepper
1 (14 oz) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 (14 oz) can crushed tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato paste
½ cup water
2 bay leaves
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
salt and black pepper to taste
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the olive oil.
- Add the onion, celery and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the beef and cook, stirring frequently until no longer pink.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Add the chili powder, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper and mix to combine.
- Add the fire roasted dice tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and water and mix to combine.
- Add the bay leaves.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” in the display.
- Adjust the timer to 10 minutes.
- When finished cooking, release pressure naturally according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Open the lid.
- Discard the bay leaves.
- Stir in the chopped parsley.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve warm with your favorite toppings.