There’s honestly nothing I love more than a good batch of Buffalo chicken wings. I’m completely obsessed with them. Lately I’ve been making them by following this spicy instant pot Buffalo chicken wing recipe. It’s super easy to follow and they’re highly addictive as well. The melted butter along with the Frank’s Red Hot cayenne pepper sauce is perfect for coating your chicken wings and in just 10 minutes or so of broiling, you’ll be well on your way to a spectacular meal.
Spicy Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Wings – Easy and Addictively Good
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
4 pounds chicken wings, trimmed and separated
1 tbsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 cup water
¾ cup Frank’s RedHot original cayenne pepper sauce
½ cup melted butter
- Place the wings in a bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt and garlic powder and toss to combine.
- Place the trivet in the Instant Pot.
- Add 1 cup of water to the Instant pot.
- Arrange the chicken wings on the trivet.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” on the display.
- Adjust the timer to 5 minutes.
- When finished cooking, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release the rest of the pressure.
- Remove the wings and trivet from the Instant pot. Set aside.
- Wash and dry the pot insert.
- Return the pot insert into the Instant Pot.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the hot sauce and butter and stir until butter is melted.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Add the chicken wings and toss to coat.
- Arrange the chicken wings on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Broil the chicken wings for 10 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Serve immediately with your favorite sauce and veggies.