The great thing about making instant pot soup recipes is the abundance of recipes you have to choose from. I’m constantly blown away by just how many fantastic options there are. For example, if you’re in the mood for something spicy, then you’re definitely going to want to try this recipe for the best instant pot chicken tortilla soup ever. It’s loaded with plenty of fiery hot ingredients like jalapenos, green peppers, ground cumin, cayenne pepper, and chili powder, so you get layers of spice in every bite, not to mention it’s also incredibly satisfying thanks to the addition of chicken breast, some choice veggies, and white wine.
(You may also like: Homemade 15-Minute Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup)
The Best Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup Ever (Yum!)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- ½ cup dry white wine or water
- 2 cups chicken broth or stock
- 1 cup (or more) tortilla chips for serving
- lime wedges for serving
- salt, black pepper to taste
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the olive oil.
- Add the onion and jalapeno and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Add the ground cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken, white wine, green bell pepper and frozen corn and toss to combine.
- Add the chicken broth.
- Stir to combine.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” in the display.
- Adjust the timer to 10 minutes.
- When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Open the lid and remove the chicken from the pot.
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks.
- Add the chicken back into the Instant Pot.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve warm topped with tortilla chips and your favorite toppings (avocado, sour cream, chopped cilantro, shredded cheese…)