Whenever I’m feeling a little under the weather, I immediately start loading up on chicken noodle soup. It’s been that way ever since I was a child. I think my mind is programmed to believe that chicken noodle soup has special healing powers, but I’m sure it doesn’t hurt that my recipe is loaded with nutritious ingredients. It starts by taking a whole chicken and egg noodles of course, but then you’ll also be adding a hearty mix of veggies and savory herbs into the mix. What you end up with is a fantastic bowl of soup that packs a good amount of protein, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants into one fantastic dish.
How to Make the Best Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Ever (YUM!)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
1 (2 pounds) whole chicken, giblets and neck removed, washed and drained
2 tbsp butter unsalted
1 large onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 medium carrots, sliced
2 celery stalks, sliced
1 tsp dried thyme
½ tsp dried oregano
6 cups water
4 oz uncooked egg noodles
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
salt, black pepper to taste
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the butter.
- Add the onion, carrots and celery and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Add the chicken, dried basil, oregano and water.
- Stir to combine.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” on the display.
- Adjust the timer to 25 minutes.
- When finished cooking, release pressure naturally according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Open the lid.
- Remove the chicken from the Instant pot.
- Discard the skin and bones.
- Shred the meat with 2 forks.
- Add the meat to the pot.
- Stir in the chopped parsley.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot and bring the soup to a boil.
- Add the noodles and cook until al dente.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve warm.