Comforting Instant Pot Chicken And Dumplings (Easy-Peasy)
There’s nothing I love more than an easy peasy instant pot recipe that delivers in spades. Recipes like this one for making mom-approved instant pot chicken and dumplings are a perfect example of that. It’s a super easy meal to prepare and it’s chock full of all kinds of goodies. You’ve got your juicy bite sized pieces of chicken breast and of course plenty of vegetables. Chicken broth, Italian seasoning, and fresh parsley help to round things out. Don’t forget the dumplings that soak up all that flavor—absolutely delicious.
Mom-Approved Instant Pot Chicken And Dumplings (Easy-Peasy)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
2 tbsp butter
1 large onion, chopped
1 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 medium carrots, chopped
½ cup frozen peas
1 tsp Italian seasoning
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
3 cups chicken broth
1 (10.2 ounce) can refrigerated biscuit dough
½ cup heavy cream
¼ cup chopped parsley
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the butter.
- Add the onion, carrots and celery and cook, stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Add the frozen peas, Italian seasoning and chicken broth and mix to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” on the display.
- Adjust the timer to 5 minutes.
- When finished cooking, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release the rest of the pressure.
- Open the lid.
- Cut each biscuit into 8 pieces.
- Add the biscuits, chopped parsley and heavy cream to the pot.
- Press the SAUTE button.
- Cook 4-6 minutes, stirring frequently, until biscuits are cooked through and sauce thickens.
- Taste and add more salt or black pepper if necessary.
- Serve warm.
Ask a Question Rate this Recipe