You may be wondering how on earth does a cheeseburger in soup form taste? Those who are willing to give this instant pot cheeseburger soup recipe a try will be in for a pleasant surprise because it’s a brilliant way to change up your meals. Lean ground beef and thin slices of bacon add a strong, savory flavor to the beef broth or stock, while the yellow mustard, garlic powder, and smoked paprika give it the ‘cheeseburger’ flavor. Without cheese, this recipe wouldn’t be complete so there are two types of cheese in there for good measure because in my house, you can never have too much cheese. Whenever I have guests over, this is one of my go-to recipes because no one ever expects me to make cheeseburger soup but they all love it from the first bite.
(You may also like: Keto Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers (No Rice Recipe))
Mind-Blowing Instant Pot Keto Cheeseburger Soup
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 tbsp butter salted
- 4 thin bacon slices, chopped
- 1 pound ground lean beef
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 cups beef broth or beef stock
- 6 oz cheddar cheese, shredded plus extra for garnish
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- salt, black pepper, to taste
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the butter.
- Add the bacon and cook, stirring occasionally for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the beef and cook until browned, about 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, to break up the meat.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Add the tomato paste, yellow mustard, garlic powder and smoked paprika.
- Add the broth.
- Stir to combine.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” in the display.
- Adjust the timer to 2 minutes.
- When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Open the lid.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot.
- Add the heavy cream, cream cheese and shredded cheese and stir until the shredded cheese is completely melted and incorporated.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve soup with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of sliced green onions and pickles if you like.