There are far too many overpriced ‘detox’ products out there but more often than not, you’re better off sticking with the basics—whole foods, good quality sleep, plenty of water, and a balanced diet that’s rich in nutrients. With this recipe, you’re well on your way. What I like about this instant pot cauliflower soup is that it’s incredibly tasty even without any artificial flavorings. I had gotten used to canned soups, so it took me a while to adjust to home cooking but now, I know how specific ingredients can make a world of a difference. This recipe is a testament to that, and really allows the individual ingredients to shine through.
(You may also like: Instant Pot Turmeric Tomato Detox Soup)
Detoxifying Instant Pot Turmeric Cauliflower Soup
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 13 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ cup red lentils
- 2 ½ cups bone broth or beef stock
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- salt, black pepper to taste
- chopped fresh cilantro or parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the olive oil.
- Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Add the cauliflower florets, turmeric, cumin, red lentils.
- Add the chicken broth.
- Stir to combine.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” in the display.
- Adjust the timer to 5 minutes.
- When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Open the lid.
- Using an immersion blender, purée the soup.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve soup garnished with chopped cilantro (if using).