When it comes to soup, I don’t shy away from the good stuff, and by good stuff I mean butter, heavy cream and cheese. This instant pot cauliflower soup has all those three ingredients, and then some. We’re talking two types of cheese, bacon, and some sour cream to cut through some of the richness. This recipe also calls for some cauliflower, which is then blended until the soup is smooth and creamy. I must say, the kids love this and most of the time they don’t even realize it’s actually cauliflower soup. That’s how good it is.
Loaded Instant Pot Keto Cauliflower Soup (YUMMY!)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese plus extra for serving
- ¼ cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 2 green onion, sliced
- sour cream (optional)
- salt, black pepper to taste
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the butter.
- Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Add the cauliflower florets, garlic powder and chicken stock.
- Stir to combine.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” on the display.
- Adjust the timer to 5 minutes.
- When finished cooking, let the pressure come down naturally for 5 minutes, then quick release the rest of the pressure.
- Open the lid.
- Add the heavy cream and cream cheese.
- Using an immersion blender, purée the soup.
- Add the grated cheddar and stir until melted.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Divide between bowls.
- Top with sour cream, sliced green onions, crumbled bacon and extra cheddar cheese and serve.