For the longest time, I absolutely could not get my kids to eat Brussel sprouts. No matter what I tried or how I made them, they simply would not eat them. That is until I stumbled upon the game-changing recipe I’m about to share with you guys today. It makes a 5-ingredient garlic roasted instant pot Brussel sprouts meal that’s so good it managed to turn both of my kids into Brussel sprouts fans—and that’s saying something! All thanks to this mix of garlic, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and Parmesan cheese.
5-Ingredient Garlic Roasted Instant Pot Brussel Sprouts
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
1 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and washed
2 tbsp butter
2 garlic clove, minced
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
3 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
salt, black pepper to taste
- Place the steamer basket in the Instant pot.
- Add 1 cup of water.
- Place the Brussels sprouts into the basket.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” on the display.
- Adjust the timer to 2 minutes.
- When finished cooking, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release the rest of the pressure.
- Carefully, remove the basket from the Instant pot.
- Wash and dry the Instant pot insert.
- Return the pot insert into the Instant Pot.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant Pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the butter.
- Add the Brussels sprouts.
- Cook without stirring until the undersides of the sprouts turn golden brown, 2-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic.
- Stir to turn sprouts over, and cook other sides until golden brown.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Drizzle with lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan and toss to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper and serve.