How to Make Brown Rice in an Instant Pot (Quick and Easy)
One of the best things that I’ve ever done for my health (and my weight loss goals) was to switch from white rice to brown rice. The increased fiber content helped me out a ton, especially since I was following a fairly low carb diet at the time. I’ve tried all kinds of different ways to make brown rice, and today I’m going to be sharing one of the best ways that I know of. This recipe will show you how to make brown rice in an instant pot using only three ingredients.
How to Make Brown Rice in an Instant Pot (Easy Recipe)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
2 cups brown rice
2 ½ cups water
1 tbsp olive oil
salt to taste
- Add the brown rice, olive oil, pinch of salt and water in the Instant pot.
- Stir to combine.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” on the display.
- Adjust the timer to 22 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot has finished cooking the rice, allow to naturally release the pressure.
- Open the lid and fluff the brown rice with a fork.
- Serve the brown rice right away or transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to a week or the freezer for 3 months.
Ask a Question Rate this Recipe