I count myself lucky that my kids have gotten used to eating vegetables at least once a day. That said, when it’s broccoli over and over again, they do give me a little grief, so I’ve taken it upon myself to try and keep things exciting by incorporating different recipes that I know they’ll love. They love the simple, straightforward flavors from the garlic and seasonings. Also, instant pot broccoli is one of the more versatile recipes out there because it takes very little time to cook on the “pressure cook” setting, and there’s minimal clean up, which is always a good thing after a long day.
Easy 6-Minute Instant Pot Garlic Roasted Broccoli
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Total Time: 6 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 bunch broccoli (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into florets
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or to taste
- salt, black pepper to taste
- Place the steamer basket in the Instant pot.
- Add 1 cup of water.
- Place the broccoli florets into the basket.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” on the display.
- Adjust the timer to 0 minute.
- When finished cooking, quick release the pressure.
- Carefully remove the steamer basket and broccoli from the pot.
- Discard the water.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant Pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the olive oil.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30-60 seconds.
- Add the broccoli and toss to coat.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and toss to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper and serve.