Sometimes it honestly blows my mind with just how many excellent recipes you can make with an instant pot. Just the other day I tried out a recipe that makes the most tender, juicy brisket that blows any other recipe I’ve tried out of the water. I just had to share it with you guys too. You’ll be needing a good amount of juicy beef brisket, a rub that’s made with a mind-blowing mix of spices, and a homemade BBQ sauce that goes perfectly with just about everything. Trust me folks, you’ll be coming back to this recipe time and time again.
How to Make the Most Tender, Juicy Brisket with an Instant Pot
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours, 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
3 pounds beef brisket
1 tbsp grapeseed oil
For the rub:
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp paprika powder
½ tsp cumin powder
1 tsp mustard powder
1 tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
For the BBQ sauce:
1 ½ cups ketchup
½ cup apple cider vinegar
½ cup beef broth or stock
2 garlic cloves minced
½ cup brown sugar
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp mustard powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
salt, black pepper to taste
- To make the rub, in a bowl combine all the ingredients.
- Rub the mixture all over the brisket.
- Refrigerate for minimum 30 minutes.
- Add the ketchup, vinegar, beef broth, brown sugar, garlic, onion powder, mustard powder, cayenne pepper and Worcestershire sauce to the Instant pot.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Mix to combine.
- Add the brisket.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” on the display.
- Adjust the timer to 80 minutes.
- When finished cooking, release pressure naturally according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Place the brisket on a baking sheet and set side.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot.
- Cook the sauce, stirring frequently, until the liquid is thick and glazy.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Taste and add more salt and black pepper if necessary.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Brush the brisket with 1 tablespoon of grapeseed oil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the brisket from the oven and baste generously with sauce.
- Return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve with remaining sauce.