While I usually tend to follow more of a paleo diet, I’ve also experimented with the keto diet numerous times over the years (and with fantastic results, at that). However, one thing I’m always missing regardless of what diet I’m following is that I can never seem to drink enough water. A quick and easy fix for me is to incorporate more shakes, more fruit or vegetable juice, and to have more soup. That’s how this recipe for instant pot bone broth came about. I always turn to this recipe for a healing collagen-rich instant pot bone broth. On top of the collagen content, it’s also jam packed full of hearty vegetables that help to provide you with all of the essential nutrients that your body needs.Print
Healing Collagen-Rich Instant Pot Bone Broth (Keto-Friendly Recipe)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours, 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 cups 1x
3 pounds beef or chicken bones
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 large onion, quartered
1 large carrot, peeled and chopped into large chunks
1 celery stalk, chopped into large chunks
8 cups water
2 tsp pink Himalayan salt or sea salt
1 tsp black peppercorns
- Place all the ingredients in the Instant Pot.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” in the display.
- Adjust the timer to 4 hours.
- When finished cooking, release pressure naturally according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Strain the bone broth using a fine metal strainer.
- Transfer the bone broth into an airtight containers or jars and refrigerate promptly.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days, or freeze for later use.