How to Cook Instant Pot Black Beans Without Soaking Them First
- Author: Anna - MissWish.com
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
1 pound dry black beans
6 cups water
salt to taste
- Add the dry black beans, water and pinch of salt to the Instant pot.
- Stir to combine.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” on the display.
- Adjust the timer to 25 minutes.
- When finished cooking, release pressure naturally according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Open the lid.
- Drain the beans and store them in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer until ready to use.
- Serve in salads, burritos, tacos or as side dish.