Cooking black beans can take forever because typically, they should be soaked first. Soaking black beans can be done overnight or may take two hours by boiling them. Thanks to the use of an instant pot, you no longer have to soak black beans and it can be done in under half an hour. All you have to do is hit the pressure cook button and set the timer to 25 minutes. When your instant pot black beans are finished, drain the water and store them in the refrigerator or freezer until you are ready to use them.Print
How to Cook Instant Pot Black Beans Without Soaking Them First
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
1 pound dry black beans
6 cups water
salt to taste
- Add the dry black beans, water and pinch of salt to the Instant pot.
- Stir to combine.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” on the display.
- Adjust the timer to 25 minutes.
- When finished cooking, release pressure naturally according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Open the lid.
- Drain the beans and store them in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer until ready to use.
- Serve in salads, burritos, tacos or as side dish.