There’s nothing I love more than simple-to-follow recipes—the easier, the better. That’s exactly why I love recipes like this. This 6-ingredient instant pot beef stew is pretty straightforward but the resulting stew can only be described as spectacular. The recipe uses boneless beef chuck that has been cubed and then cooked in a homemade sauce that’s made with flour, beef broth, and tomato sauce. In addition, you’ll be adding a mix of frozen stew veggies (celery, potatoes, carrots, and onions) along with your choice of either Italian seasoning or dried parsley. All you’ll have to do is add everything into your instant pot and leave it to pressure cook. You’ll be hooked once you see how tender the beef is thanks to the instant pot.
Easy 6-Ingredient Instant Pot Beef Stew
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6
2 pounds boneless beef chuck, cut to 1 inch cubes
2 tbsp flour
3 cups beef stock or broth
1 cup tomato sauce
5 cups frozen stew vegetables (potatoes, celery, carrots, onions)
1 tbsp Italian seasoning or dried parsley
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and black pepper to taste
- Season the beef with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with flour and toss to coat.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the olive oil.
- Add the beef and brown on all sides.
- Add the stock and scrape the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon to loosen the brown bits.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Add the tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, frozen vegetables and mix to combine.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” on the display.
- Adjust the timer to 20 minutes.
- When finished cooking, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release the rest of the pressure.
- Open the lid.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve warm.