Instant pot recipes always inspire me to try something new. For one, they’re so unintimidating because there’s not much skill involved in the actual process, so I know the recipes are hard to mess up. Take this instant pot italian beef roast for example. It sounds fancy, it looks fancy, but the cooking process was easy as pie. The best part about this is it’s made with whole food ingredients like grapeseed oil, salt and pepper, and Italian seasoning so you’re getting a quality meal without much hassle at all.
Out of This World Instant Pot Italian Beef Roast
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
2 tbsp grapeseed oil
3 pounds chuck roast
1 tsp salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp Italian seasoning mix
1 cup low sodium beef broth or stock
1 tsp garlic powder
1 small onion, diced
1 cup sliced pepperoncini peppers with juice
sliced pepperoncini peppers
- Season the roast with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant Pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the grapeseed oil.
- Add the roast and brown 4-5 minutes per side.
- Remove the roast from the Instant Pot.
- Add the stock and scrape the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon to loosen the brown bits.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Add the roast, chopped onion and sliced pepperoncini peppers to the pot.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” on the display.
- Adjust the timer to 60 minutes (see Note*).
- When finished cooking, release pressure naturally according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Open the lid.
- Remove the roast from the Instant pot.
- Shred the roast with 2 forks.
- Serve with rolls, sliced pepperoncini peppers and Provolone cheese.