Instant Pot BBQ chicken recipes are some of my favorite meals to make for my kids whenever I need to whip up something nutritious in a hurry. Today I’ll be sharing a 100% kid-approved recipe for making one of the better Instant pot BBQ chickens that I’ve come across. You can have it ready to go in only 20 minutes, as you’ll only be needing a few simple ingredients to make this recipe. I like to use boneless, skinless chicken breasts (but feel free to use whatever cuts you prefer) whenever I make this recipe. Whatever you decide on, you’ll be coating your chicken in a delectable homemade BBQ sauce that’s made with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, water, and barbecue sauce. This chicken is great when served on its own but it’s even better when used to make BBQ chicken sandwiches.
Mouthwatering Instant Pot BBQ Chicken
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 1 ½ pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2/3 cup water
- In a bowl combine the barbecue sauce, salt, black pepper, olive oil, garlic powder and water.
- Grease the Instant pot insert with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the chicken and barbecue sauce mixture to the Instant pot and toss to coat.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” in the display.
- Adjust the timer to 15 minutes.
- When finished cooking, release pressure naturally according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Open the lid and shred the chicken with 2 forks.
- Stir to coat.
- Serve the shredded chicken with buns and your favorite toppings.