If you’ve never tried to use your instant pot to make baked potatoes, you need to put it at the top of your priority list. They turn out incredible! It’s super easy to make them too. Just check out this recipe for fluffy no-hassle instant pot baked potatoes. It takes no time at all to get everything ready. You’ll just need to adjust your cooking time based on the weight of your potatoes. Within 12-18 minutes, you’ll have the most perfect baked potato ready to go. Feel free to get a bit creative with your favorite toppings—they’re absolutely amazing when topped with sour cream and bacon crumbles.
How to Make Fluffy Instant Pot Baked Potatoes (Easy Recipe)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1+ 1x
1–4 Russet potatoes
1 cup water
- Wash and scrub the potatoes thoroughly to remove any dirt.
- Place the trivet in the Instant Pot.
- Add the water.
- Place the potatoes on top of the trivet.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING and press PRESSURE COOK button.
- Press +/- button to select the cook time in minutes.
- Potato cook times (based on weight of potato)
- 6 -8 oz: 12 minutes
- 8-10 oz: 15 minutes
- 10-12 oz: 18 minutes
- Once the Instant Pot has finished cooking the potatoes, allow to naturally release the pressure.
- Open the lid and carefully remove the potatoes from the pot.
- Top with your favorite toppings and serve immediately.