It’s unbelievable to me sometimes how many different recipes you can make with an instant pot. When I first bought mine, I thought it would just be handy for making soups and stews. Little did I know how many other options would be available to me. A great example of that is this recipe for making a homemade instant pot applesauce. It’s made with two different kinds of apples (Honeycrisp and Granny Smith) and of course cinnamon and a bit of lemon juice. The beauty of this recipe is that unlike many store bought brands of applesauce, this one has no added sugars or preservatives whatsoever.
Homemade Instant Pot Cinnamon Applesauce with No Added Sugar
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
4 large Honeycrisp apples, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
4 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup water
- Place all the ingredient in the Instant pot.
- Stir to combine.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press the PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” on the display.
- Adjust the timer to 4 minutes.
- When finished cooking, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release the rest of the pressure.
- Open the lid.
- Mash the mixture with a potato masher.
- Serve immediately or transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to a week.