Ready to have your mind blown by what just might be the very best homemade hot fudge sauce recipe that you’ll ever try? I know, bold words but hey, I wouldn’t it unless I meant it.
It’s made with a smart combo of both cocoa powder and chopped bittersweet chocolate, with each of these ingredients working in tandem to provide your sauce with its decadent fudge flavor. From there, you’ll notice that there’s actually quite a few surprising ingredients included as well, such as sea salt, butter, and honey (or your choice of light corn syrup or golden syrup). Not to worry as everything comes together spectacularly well, resulting in one hot fudge sauce that’s simply to die for.
Easy Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe for Ice Cream, Hot Drinks and Baked Goods
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
2/3 cup heavy cream
½ cup honey or light corn syrup or golden syrup
1/4 cup brown sugar
¼ cup cocoa powder
6 ounces bittersweet chocolate (chopped, divided in half)
¼ tsp sea salt
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add the heavy cream, honey, brown sugar and cocoa powder in a heavy bottomed saucepan and stir to combine.
- Add half of the chocolate.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the remaining chocolate and butter and stir until smooth.
- Transfer to a jar and seal.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Before use, reheat in a saucepan over medium-low heat.