These Hot Chocolate Spoons are so incredibly addictive, and they require no baking or cooking.
Whether you choose to make them with dark or white chocolate, dairy milk or nut milk, these hot chocolate spoons will transform your cup of cocoa into an out of this world experience. Enjoy!
Hot Chocolate Spoon Toppings
Feel free to try pretty much any topping you’d like. The ones listed in the recipe are just a few that work well with semi-sweet chocolate, but there will also do the trick:
- Crushed peppermint candy
- Mini chocolate chips
- Crushed peanuts
- Popping candy
- Candied fruit peels
- Dried fruit
- Melted nut butter
Homemade Hot Chocolate Spoons
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Drink
- Cuisine: American
- 10 oz semi-sweet chocolate (chopped or chocolate chips)
- chopped candy bars
mini marshmallows, etc
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the chocolate to a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high in 30-second increments until smooth, stirring in between every 30 seconds.
- Dip metal spoons in the melted chocolate.
- Place the spoons on the prepared baking sheet.
- Decorate with marshmallows, sprinkles, M&M’s and candy bars as you wish.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate is set.
- To make the hot chocolate, pour warmed milk into a mug.
- Add a decorated spoon and stir until the chocolate melts and the mixture is well combined.
Can I Microwave Hot Chocolate Spoons?
For this particular recipe, you cannot. These Hot Chocolate Spoons are made with metal spoons, so they can’t be microwaved as is.
You can, however, microwave the milk until it’s hot and then you can dip the metal spoon in and let it melt in the warmed milk. You also have the option of heating the milk over a small saucepan and stirring it with the metal Hot Chocolate Spoon.
Can I Freeze Hot Chocolate Spoons?
Definitely! In fact, this is a great way to prepare “Hot Chocolate” ahead, without having it take up too much space in your freezer.
Simply wrap each individual Hot Chocolate Spoon in some cling wrap and store them in an airtight container. When stored in the freezer like this, your Hot Chocolate Spoons will keep for 3 to 4 months.
Keywords: Hot Chocolate