If you’ve got kids who love hot chocolate as much as you do, then they’re going to love this recipe for making hot chocolate spoons. It’s super easy to follow and you can have a ton of fun with little ones decorating the hot chocolate spoons without having to use a ton of materials.
The only things that you’ll be needing to make this recipe are 10 ounces of dark chocolate, an ice cube mold, wooden spoons (or wooden popsicle sticks), and whatever type of candy toppings you feel like adding to them.
Homemade Hot Chocolate Spoons (These are fun!)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 10 1x
10 oz dark chocolate
mini marshmallows, etc
- Melt the chocolate, in a double broiler or microwave, until smooth.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the melted chocolate into each compartment of the ice cube mold.
- Place a little wooden spoon or wooden stick in the centre of the chocolate in each compartment.
- Decorate as you wish with crushed peppermint, sprinkles or mini marshmallows.
- Refrigerate until completely set, about one hour, and gently remove from the cube tray.
- Transfer to a jars.
- To make the hot chocolate, stir the chocolate spoon into 1 cup of hot milk.