I love making this hot chocolate on a stick! So many ways to customize to your tastes/style and makes the most creamy, rich homemade hot chocolate.
Have you ever had Hot Chocolate on a Stick? If the answer is no, you’re in for a real treat because this is one of the easiest and fastest ways you can satisfy that sweet tooth without having to turn the kitchen upside down. This recipe is so convenient and tastes absolutely incredible!
Hot Chocolate on a Stick Toppings and Decorations
- White chocolate swirl
- Peanut butter swirl
- Crushed peppermint candy
- Mint chocolate square
- Coffee liqueur
- Candied fruit peels
Hot Cocoa on a Stick
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Drink
- Cuisine: American
- 11 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- mini chocolate chips
- mini M&M’s
- Add the chocolate, heavy cream and condensed milk to a medium saucepan.
- Whisk to combine.
- Bring to a simmer over medium low heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the ice cube forms.
- Decorate as you wish.
- Stick a popsicle stick in the center of each block.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours until firm.
- To make the hot chocolate, pour warmed milk into a mug.
- Add and stir hot chocolate stick until the chocolate melts and the mixture is well combined.
Can I Microwave This Hot Chocolate on a Stick?
This recipe is intended to be added to a cup of warmed milk, but you can easily just combine chilled milk and the Hot Chocolate on a Stick and microwave them together until everything is warmed and melted.
Can I Freeze This Hot Chocolate on a Stick?
Yes, definitely! In fact, this is one of my favorite ways to store ‘hot chocolate’ because it keeps well and doesn’t affect the texture of the hot chocolate at all.
To freeze this Hot Chocolate on a Stick, simply wrap each individual stick and chocolate block in some cling wrap, and then store it in an airtight container. Once you’re ready to enjoy your hot chocolate, simply take it out and transfer it into your mug with warmed milk.
Keywords: Hot Chocolate