As much as I try to follow a fairly low carb diet plan, I have one huge weakness: pancakes! It’s all thanks to this great holiday recipe for making homemade pancake mix because it’s so much better than the boxed mix I would use before.
Actually making the pancake mix is a fairly straightforward affair as well. You’ll be using the usual ingredients that you would use when making pancakes from scratch: all-purpose flour, milk, baking powder, etc. You’ll be storing this ‘dry’ mix in your jar (you can also optionally print out the recipe on card stock to attach to the jar along with your favorite holiday decorations) until you’re ready to actually make the pancakes. Once you are ready to go, it’s a simple matter of mixing your pancake mixture together with a bit of water, one egg, and your choice of melted butter or cooking oil. So easy!
Make-Ahead Pancake Mix for Quick and Easy Homemade Pancakes
- Yield: 8 cups 1x
one 2 quart jar
6 cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ cups powdered milk
5 tbsp granulated sugar
5 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
- Add the flour, powder milk, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt to a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Transfer the mixture in a jar.
- Print the recipe tag on card stock and cut out.
- Attach the tag to the jar.
- Decorate the jar as you wish.
- To make the pancakes, in a bowl add 2 cups of pancake mix, 1 cup of water, one large egg and 2 tablespoons of oil or melted butter and whisk to combine.
- Drop 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake onto the hot skillet.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until small bubbles begin to form on top.
- Carefully flip the pancakes and cook on the other side 1-2 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve warm.
Download link: Make-Ahead Pancake Mix Gift Tag
(You may also like: Healthy Homemade Pancakes for Kids)