Skin butters ensure your cells stay hydrated and get protection from a lipid barrier, while also being nourished with minerals and protein to help them restore and regenerate. This luxurious cocoa butter lotion recipe combines the exceptional nourishing properties of healthy fats superstars. Almonds are a great source of vitamin E which offers antioxidant protection to your skin cells, preventing free radicals damage and reducing signs of aging. Cocoa butter is one of nature’s richest moisturizers, improving skin elasticity and easing different issues and symptoms of the skin. Add a dash of cinnamon for antioxidant protection and a wonderful flavor.
Homemade Cocoa Butter Lotion Recipe for Silky Soft Skin
- 1 cup lightly toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp cacao butter
- Add the toasted almonds and chia seeds into a food processor and pulse to obtain a smooth butter (it should take about five minutes, with pauses to not overheat the machine).
- Add the ground flax, cinnamon and cacao butter and mix to incorporate.
- To use, apply a teaspoon of mixture onto your face in a thin layer, after exfoliating.
- Leave it for 20 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
More Natural Beauty Recipes:
Nourishing Chia Seed DIY Body Scrub for Hydrated Skin
Homemade Honey Face Wash for Acne and Eczema (Try this!)
Mineral Loaded Anti-Aging DIY Face Cleanser
DIY Anti-Aging Face Toner with Pomegranate and Green Tea
Skin Brightening DIY Sugar Scrub
Homemade Coffee Face Scrub