It’s something of a tradition in our family to host an annual holiday BBQ bash, and this year will be no exception! With that in mind, I’m delighted today to be able to share this homemade BBQ sauce gift. It makes the best gift for bbq lovers!
As far as BBQ sauce recipes go, you’ll be hard pressed to find one that offers more flavor than what you’re getting with this recipe.
The BBQ sauce is loaded with things like apple cider vinegar, dried sage, chili powder, red pepper flakes, and a few other surprising choices that all work in tandem to make one ridiculously great tasting homemade BBQ sauce gift.
(You may also like: Homemade Pork Dry Rub in a Jar)
OMG-worthy Homemade BBQ Sauce Gift
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 cups 1x
- 4 cups ketchup
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 7 garlic cloves, peeled
- 5 medium onions, peeled and quartered
- Add all the ingredients to a large pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for one hour.
- Strain the sauce and pour into sterilized bottles.
- Seal the bottles and decorate as you wish.
- Keep refrigerated.