I love making these christmas tree gingerbread cupcakes! They’re so festive, absolutely adorable and to-die-for if you’re a gingerbread fan.
Christmas Tree Gingerbread Cupcakes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
For the cupcakes:
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
For the frosting:
- 1 cup butter
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 5 tbsp heavy cream
- green gel food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Line a 12 muffin cups with paper cups. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the butter, molasses and sugar until creamy.
- Add the egg and mix to combine.
- Add the milk, vanilla extract and beat well.
- Add in the flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- Divide the batter between muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter.
- Add the vanilla extract, sugar and heavy cream and beat until creamy.
- Add a few drops of food coloring and beat to combine.
- Pipe the frosting onto each cupcake in a tree shape.
- Decorate with sprinkles and refrigerate unlit ready to serve.