These gingerbread cheesecake tacos are so rich and decadent! If you have never had cheesecake tacos before, this is the recipe you need to start with.
My friends and family always request these around christmas time! Creamy cheesecake is put into a cinnamon sugar taco shell and topped with a yummy gingerbread crumble.
Cheesecake Taco Topping Variations
Gingerbread Cheesecake Tacos
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 12 tacos 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
For the taco shells:
- 5 large flour tortillas
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
For the filling:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp molasses
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp powdered ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
For the topping:
- 4 tbsp store-bought caramel sauce
- crumbled gingersnap cookies
- To make the taco shells, cut the tortillas with a 4 inch circle cutter.
- In a medium skillet heat the oil over medium high heat.
- Place the brown sugar in a shallow bowl.
- Add the tortilla circles to the skillet (do not overcrowd the skillet) and fry for 10 seconds or until golden.
- Coat the tortilla circles in brown sugar.
- Flip a muffin tin upside down.
- Place the tortilla circles in between muffin cups.
- Set aside.
- To make the filling, beat the heavy cream in a bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, molasses and lemon juice with spices in another bowl until creamy.
- Gently fold in the heavy cream.
- Pipe the filling into tortilla shells.
- Sprinkle with crumbled cookies.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce and serve.
Keywords: Cheesecake Tacos, Gingerbread