Kid-Friendly French Toast That’s Not Packed with Sugar
- Author: misswish.com
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- butter or oil for frying
- Cut each slice of bread into 3 equal sticks. Set aside.
- In a shallow dish combine the eggs, milk and vanilla. Set aside.
- In another shallow dish combine the coconut sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter or oil in non stick skillet over medium heat.
- Dip the bread sticks in egg mixture.
- Add the bread sticks in the skillet and cook until golden brown on each side.
- Cook the bread sticks in batches (do not overcrowd the pan).
- Remove the sticks from the skillet, and immediately roll in the cinnamon mixture.
- Serve immediately with fresh berries.