If you’re looking for a festive christmas appetizer, make this egg snowman recipe. It’s so easy and so much fun!
All of your favorite ingredients turn into something even tastier when you make them in the shape of a traditional snowman.
This Egg Snowmen recipe is an eye-catching dish that will definitely make your dinner table look like a winter wonderland, and the best part is that they are so incredibly easy to make.
Can I Use Other Types of Cheese?
Yes, definitely! Feel free to use any other cheese that you’d like, as long as the texture is similar to cheddar. Any of these types of cheese would work just as well for this recipe:
- Prep Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 snowmen 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- 12 eggs, cooked and peeled
- Block of Cheddar cheese
- wooden skewers
- Cut ½ inch thick piece of Cheddar.
- Use ½ inch cookie cutter to cut the hat crowns.
- Cut 1/6 inch thick slice of Cheddar.
- Use ¾ inch cookie cutter to cut hat brims.
- Carve small pieces of Cheddar into noses.
- Trim the edges of the eggs.
- Attach the 2 eggs with a grilling skewer leaving about 1/2 inch sticking out the top.
- Put the showman hat (crown and brim) on the sticking part of skewer.
- Using a toothpick, secure the nose to the head.
- Use a skewer to poke small holes for the buttons, eyes and smile.
- Push the peppercorns into holes.
- Using a toothpick, make small holes for the parsley hands.
- Push the parsley into holes.
Can I Freeze These Egg Snowmen?
Due to the eggs in this recipe, it is not recommended that you freeze these Egg Snowmen. This is because eggs tend to turn rubbery once reheated, which can affect the overall texture of the dish.
If you want to make these Egg Snowmen ahead and store them for later, they will keep in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 days when stored in an airtight container.
Once you’re ready to enjoy them again, simply take them out from the refrigerator and leave them out at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes. Do not heat them in the microwave as the cheddar cheese will melt and the eggs will turn rubbery once reheated.