Is there anything more comforting than a warm bowl of chicken noodle soup? I don’t think so, which is why I’m thrilled to share this quick and easy homemade 15-minute instant pot chicken noodle soup recipe. It’s made with a wide variety of healthy veggies and savory herbs, resulting in a chicken noodle soup that delivers on taste in a big way. Most importantly, all of the ingredients used in this recipe are fairly low carb. You’re definitely going to want to keep this recipe bookmarked for those days where you’re craving a hot, comforting meal.
(You may also like: 6-Ingredient Instant Pot Chicken Broth from Scratch)
Homemade 15-Minute Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 pound skinless, boneless, chicken breasts
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano, crushed
- 5 cups chicken broth or stock
- 4 oz dried thin egg noodles
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- salt, black pepper to taste
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”.
- Add the olive oil.
- Add the onion, carrots and celery and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Press the CANCEL button.
- Add the chicken, dried basil, oregano, bay leaf and chicken broth.
- Stir to combine.
- Close and seal the Instant pot.
- Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
- Press PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” in the display.
- Adjust the timer to 8 minutes.
- When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Open the lid and remove the chicken from the pot.
- Discard the bay leaf.
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks.
- Add the chicken back into the Instant Pot.
- Stir in the chopped parsley.
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot and bring the soup to a boil.
- Add the noodles and cook until al dente.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve warm.