What’s your all time favorite food? I’m talking the hall of fame worthy pick here, folks. For me, there’s no question, it’s bacon. Ever since I was a small child growing up, I’ve loved bacon, so it should come as no surprise that I’m quite the expert at cooking it. This particular method makes it very easy to devour an entire bag of bacon, so consider yourself warned!
It all starts with this recipe that will show you how to make perfectly cooked bacon in the oven. Once upon a time I thought that pan frying your bacon was the only way to go, but oh how wrong I was.
You’ll need to take six slices of thick bacon and line them up on a baking sheet that has been lined with foil. Bake the bacon at 375°F for 10 minutes, then flip each piece over before throwing the sheet back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes. Prepare to be blown away by how good the bacon turns out. It’s actually crispy just like a chip!
How to Make Perfectly Cooked Bacon in the Oven (Crispy Like a Chip)
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 6 thick slices bacon
- Position the oven rack in the middle of the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place the bacon on the prepared baking sheet..
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, then flip over and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until the bacon is fully cooked and crisp.