Diy sharpie mugs make the perfect easy and thoughtful diy gift that anyone can make!
There are actually two different ways that you can make them. No matter which method you go with, the very first thing that you’re going to want to do is thoroughly wash and dry your mugs before cleaning them again with rubbing alcohol.
Once you’re done, either use oil based permanent markers like Sharpie’s to scribble simple designs on the mug (hearts, flowers, names, etc.) or you can opt to get a bit fancier by adding an inspirational quote or whatever else.
If you want to include writing, first print out your quote and then use a graphite pencil to trace it onto your mug, then go over the tracing with your markers.
Leave the sharpie mugs to dry for a couple of hours and then bake them in the oven at 425°F for approximately one hour.
IMPORTANT: Make sure your mugs are oven-safe before putting them in the oven.
(You may also like: Easy Homemade Drawing Kit Gift Set)Print
Diy Sharpie Mugs for a Thoughtful Homemade Gift
- white, oven-safe mugs
- permanent oil based markers
- rubbing alcohol
- Wash and dry the mugs.
- Clean the mugs again with rubbing alcohol.
- Start drawing on the mug with your marker.
- You could do something as simple as a flowers, hearts, names or meaningful quote.
- If you choose to do a meaningful quote, use your computer to type it out.
- Print the phrase and cut it with scissors.
- With the text side down, use a graphite pencil to firmly shade over the backside of the paper.
- Firmly press or tape the paper to the mug.
- Use the pencil to carefully trace over the text.
- Gently peel back the paper cutout.
- With your marker, go over the penciled area.
- Leave to dry for couple of hours.
- Place the mugs into a cold oven.
- Bake the mugs in the oven at 425°F for about one hour.
- Let the mugs cool completely inside the oven.