For the first time ever, this year, I’m pretty certain that 100% of the gifts that I give out will be homemade. It definitely helps that most of my gifts go to the women in my life, who all absolutely love anything that is bath or body related. Today I’m going to be sharing one such homemade gift idea: this recipe for making a diy peppermint sugar scrub that everyone I give it to absolutely loves.
Making your own diy peppermint sugar scrub like this one has a few benefits that I love. One of the biggest benefits? It definitely saves you some money at this time of year by making the scrub yourself. It’s also incredibly easy to make and really good for your skin.
To make this peppermint sugar scrub you’ll only be needing two cups of granulated sugar, ¼ cup of melted coconut oil, a few drops of red food gel coloring, and about 6-10 drops of peppermint essential oil. You’ll need to make two separate scrub mixes (one red and one white), and then layer them on top of one another to complete the peppermint layering look.
(You may also like: 33 Exfoliating Diy Sugar Scrub Recipes for Your Lips, Face and Body)
The Best Diy Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 2–3 drops red food gel coloring
- 6–10 drops peppermint essentials oil
- Add the granulated sugar, coconut oil and peppermint essential oil into small bowl and mix to combine.
- In another bowl add half of the sugar mixture and red food coloring and mix to combine.
- In a jar, alternate equal layers of the red and white sugar scrub.