More Easy Crockpot Chicken Recipes:Print
Easy 4-Ingredient Crockpot Whole Chicken (Try this!)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours, 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
1 (4 pounds) whole chicken, giblets removed, washed and drained
1 tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
3 garlic cloves, peeled
3 rosemary sprigs
- Pat dry the chicken with paper towels inside and out.
- Sprinkle the outside and inside of the chicken with salt and black pepper.
- Place the lemon, garlic and rosemary in the cavity and tie the legs.
- Place 3 ceramic ramekins, upside down, in a slow cooker. You can also use a small metal rack or balls of aluminum foil.
- Place the whole chicken, breast-side up, on top of the ramekins so that the chicken is not sitting on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cover with a lid and cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 2 ½ to 3 hours.
- For crisp skin, carefully remove the chicken from the slow cooker.
- Place it in a baking dish and broil for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 15 minutes to let the juices redistribute through the meat.
- Carve and serve.