More Easy Crockpot Chicken Recipes:
Soul-Satisfying and Comforting Crockpot White Chicken Chili
The Best Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup Ever (My Favorite Recipe)
Easy Crockpot Chicken Taco Recipe for a Busy Weeknight
The Best Crockpot BBQ Chicken Recipe for an Easy Family Meal
Easy 4-Ingredient Crockpot Whole Chicken (Try this!)
Homemade Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings for a Healthy Family Meal
Easy Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken Thigh Recipe (Love this!)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours, 30 minutes
- Total Time: 4 hours, 45 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 large onion, chopped
½ cup honey
½ cup soy sauce
¼ tsp black pepper
¼ cup rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
¼ cup cold water
3 tbsp cornstarch
3 scallions, sliced
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Place the chicken thighs in a slow cooker.
- In a small bowl combine the soy sauce, honey, rice wine vinegar, garlic, ginger, onion and black pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Cover with a lid and cook on low for 4 ½ – 5 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred it using two forks.
- Transfer the teriyaki sauce from the slow cooker to a saucepan and heat it over medium heat.
- In a bowl mix the cornstarch and cold water until combined well.
- Pour the cornstarch mixture into the teriyaki sauce and whisk to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat.
- Let it boil for about 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and toss to combine.
- Serve with cooked rice, topped with scallions and toasted sesame seeds.