More Easy Crockpot Chicken Recipes:Print
Easy Crockpot Chicken Taco Recipe for a Busy Weeknight
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 hours
- Total Time: 5 hours, 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 can (14 oz) diced tomato
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cayenne pepper
½ tsp black pepper or to taste
1 lime, juiced
- In a small bowl combine the cumin, oregano, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.
- Place the chicken in a slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the dry rub evenly over both sides of the chicken.
- Add the diced tomato, garlic, onion and lime juice and mix to combine.
- Cover with a lid and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken and shred it into bite-size pieces with two forks.
- Return the chicken to the slow cooker and stir.
- Serve with warm tortillas and your favorite toppings (salsa, sour cream, grated cheese…)