The single greatest gift that I have ever received in my entire life is without a doubt my crockpot. You guys seriously wouldn’t believe how many meals I cook with that thing. It’s without a doubt my go to whenever I’m in the kitchen. I love making everything from soups to meatloaf in my crockpot, but it was only recently that I stumbled upon this crockpot apple butter recipe that’s absolutely to die for.
In spite of the lengthy slow cooking time, this recipe is actually super easy to prepare as well. It’s basically a simple matter of adding all of the delicious whole food ingredients into the crockpot and then setting it and forgetting it. How easy is that?
How to Make Crockpot Apple Butter (Makes a Great Gift!)
7 pounds apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp ground cloves
1 tbsp vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- Place the apples in a slow cooker.
- Add the sugar mixture and mix well.
- Cover with a lid and cook on low for 12 hours.
- Remove the lid.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Use an immersion blender or food processor to puree the apple butter until smooth.
- Transfer the apple butter into sterilized jar and seal.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Download link: Homemade Apple Butter Gift Tag