Today I am absolutely delighted to share with you guys a recipe that combines two of my most favorite things: coffee and liqueur. This recipe will teach you how to make your own coffee liqueur from scratch with only a few simple ingredients.
The only ingredient that you’ll need that’s somewhat uncommon will be two vanilla beans, and you’ll want to split each of them in half lengthwise. Other than that, you’ll only be needing fairly standard kitchen fare: both brown sugar and granulated sugar, water, two ounces of powdered instant coffee, and three cups of vodka. The only downside to this recipe that I can think of is that you’ll have to wait about two weeks before it’s ready to go (store it in a dark, cool place in the meantime).
How to Make the Best Homemade Coffee Liqueur
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 cups 1x
3 ½ cups granulated sugar
½ cup brown sugar
4 cups water
2 ounces powdered instant coffee
3 cup vodka
2 vanilla beans, split lengthwise
- Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar and water to a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook for 5 minutes then remove from the heat..
- Add the instant coffee and stir until dissolved.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Add the vodka and vanilla beans.
- Cover with a lid.
- Store in a dark, cool place for 2 weeks.
- Strain the liqueur and pour in a sterilized bottles.
Download link: Coffee Liqueur Tag
(You may also like: Homemade Coffee Face Scrub)