Cinnamon Sugar Pecans are little pieces of heaven in your mouth. Whether you eat them on their own, as a topping on ice cream, or in pies and other desserts, this recipe is always a big hit. They make great gifts, too!
How to Make Cinnamon Sugar Pecans
This satisfying snack can quickly become addictive, and it’s so easy to make in bulk, too. Here’s the recipe:
- Preheat the oven. Preheat oven to 250°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Prepare the cinnamon sugar. In a bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Combine the wet ingredients. Add the egg white, vanilla extract and water to another bowl and vigorously whisk until very frothy.
- Add the pecans. Toss to coat.
- Add the sugar mixture. Toss to coat.
- Transfer to baking sheet. Spread the pecan into an even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake. Bake in preheated oven for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
Try These Other Ways to Add Flavor to Pecans
Roasted and Salted – One of the most popular ways to enjoy nuts is to roast them with a bit of salt. This simple preparation brings out the natural flavor of the nuts and makes them extra delicious.
To roast pecans, simply spread them in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake at a low temperature until they are golden brown. Then, sprinkle with a bit of salt and let cool before packaging.
Chocolate-Covered – Another delicious way to enjoy nuts is to cover them in chocolate. This treat is perfect for those who have a sweet tooth, as the chocolate helps to add another layer of richness to the nuts.
To make chocolate-covered pecans, simply melt your favorite type of chocolate and dip them into the melted chocolate. Then, place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper and let cool.
Spiced – For something a little bit different, try spicing up your pecans with some spices like nutmeg. This will give them an extra kick of flavor.
To spice up your pecans, simply roast them as directed above and then sprinkle with the spices of your choice. Then, let cool before packaging.
Honey-Roasted – Honey-roasted nuts are another delicious option that is perfect for gifting. The honey helps to caramelize the nuts, giving them a unique flavor.
To make honey-roasted pecans, simply roast the pecans as directed above and then drizzle with honey while still warm. Then, let cool before packaging.
(You may also like: No-Bake Maple Pecan Praline Cookies)
Cinnamon Sugar Pecans (Makes a great diy gift!)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings 1x
- 1 pound pecans
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Add the egg white, vanilla extract and water to another bowl and vigorously whisk until very frothy.
- Add the pecans and toss to coat.
- Add the sugar mixture and toss to coat.
- Spread the pecan into an even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.