These frosted christmas tree brownies are frosted with a yummy buttercream frosting and cut into christmas tree shapes for a cute holiday treat.
I have always love brownies with frosting, and this holiday recipe uses green frosting and candies to make your brownies super festive.
You don’t need to use this brownie recipe specifically, and can also use boxed brownie mix. Just cut out your brownies with a christmas tree cookie cutter, frost with green buttercream (or cream cheese) frosting and decorate with your favorite christmas candies.
Christmas Tree Brownie Topping Variations
Frosted Christmas Tree Brownies
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- Yield: 12 brownies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
For the brownies:
- 6 oz dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground cloves
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp baking powder
For the frosting:
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 5 tbsp salted butter softened
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- Green food coloring
- holiday sprinkle
- choco sticks or mini candy canes
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Line a 9×13 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add the chocolate and butter to saucepan and melt, stirring occasionally, over low heat, until smooth.
- In a bowl combine the flour, spices and baking powder.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the eggs and sugar.
- Add the chocolate mixture, vanilla extract, orange juice, orange zest and milk and beat until well combined.
- Add in the flour mixture and beat until just combined.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the center is just set and still jiggly.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Use a tree shaped cookie cutter or sharp knife to cut the brownie into triangle pieces.
- Push the choco sticks or candy canes into the bottoms of the brownie triangle pieces to make tree trunks.
- To make the frosting, beat the butter until creamy.
- Add the sugar and heavy cream and beat until well combined.
- Add a few drops of green food coloring and beat to combine.
- Decorate the brownies with frosting.
- Top with sprinkles and M&Ms and serve.
Keywords: Christmas Tree Brownies