If you’ve got an insatiable chocolate sweet tooth, then have I ever got just the recipe for you. It’s for making a chocolate mug cake that’s absolutely loaded with chocolatey goodness. You’ll be using your choice of either dark or milk chocolate (I prefer to use dark chocolate for the healthier fat content with less sugar), cocoa powder, and either dark or semisweet chocolate chips to provide a triple dose of chocolate decadence. You simply have to mix it all in with a few other choice ingredients before throwing the mug cake in the microwave for a minute or two, and you’ll be all set to enjoy your dessert treat.
View More Easy Mug Cake Recipes:
Easy 3-Minute Double Chocolate Mug Cake
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Total Time: 3 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
1¾ oz dark or milk chocolate, chopped
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp brown sugar
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
¼ tsp baking powder
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp dark or semisweet chocolate chips
- Place the chocolate into a 12 fl oz microwave-safe mug and microwave on high in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Add the butter and mix to combine.
- Add the egg and brown sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and mix until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Microwave on high for 60-90 seconds or until just firm to touch and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.