Is there any type of soup that’s more classic than chicken noodle soup? It heals your body and nourishes your soul.
If you’re looking for an easy diy gift to make for someone that needs a pick me up or just an easy, no hassle meal, make this diy chicken noodle soup in a jar!
All you’ll need are some dried spices, egg noodles and good bouillon. Give it a try and feel tree to mix up your own altered spice mix!
Make-Ahead Chicken Soup Mix in a Jar (Nourishing and Healing)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- 3 tbsp dried chopped onions
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- ½ tsp dried sage
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 2 ½ cups wide egg noodles
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 bay leaf
- Layer the ingredients in the following order in a jar:
– dried chopped onions
– garlic powder
– dried rosemary
– dried sage
– dried thyme
– egg noodles
– bay leaf
– bouillon cube
- Print the recipe tag on card stock and cut out.
- Attach the tag to the jar.
- Decorate the jar as you wish.
To make the soup:
- Unwrap the bouillon cube.
- Add the bouillon cube, remaining content of the jar, 2 diced carrots, 2 diced celery stalk and 5 cups of water into a large pot.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat.
- Cover and simmer, until the noodles are cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in 2 cups chopped cooked chicken and add more water if necessary.
- Discard the bay leaf.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper and serve.